Appalachian Cohort for Engineering Scholarship: Eligibility
1. Show strong academic promise as indicated by standardized test scores, grade point average, and class rank
2. Demonstrate substantial financial need via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, FAFSA (minimum $4,800)
3. Choose a major from among chemical and biomolecular engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, industrial and systems engineering or mechanical engineering on Ohio University’s Athens campus. (New scholarship recipients may enter as “undecided engineering” but must choose an eligible major prior to the start of the second semester.)
4. Be a resident of an Appalachian county in Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky or Pennsylvania.
For ACE Scholarship renewal, continuing students must:
1. Participate fully in Appalachian Cohort for Engineering activities
2. Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA
3. Make continuous progress towards a bachelor’s degree in engineering at Ohio University.
Ken Sampson, Russ College Associate Dean for Academics, at 740.593.1503 or email@example.com