Russ College Lab and Health Safety
The Russ College is dedicated to safe operation of research and academic laboratories. To ensure the safety of faculty, staff, students, and visitors, the responsible instructor/researcher, or academic/research unit, is required to define operational, hazard identification, and incident response procedures for each laboratory. Ohio University Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) can provide additional information.
For emergencies, call Ohio University Police Department at 740.593.1911. Russ College contacts are listed outside of each laboratory.
Russ College Lab and Health Safety Policy
- Russ College procedure for Lab Oversight - Download [PDF]
- Experimental Safety Evaluation Report - Download [Word]
- Hazard Identification Algorithm - Download [Word]
- Research Experiment - Standard Operating Procedures - Download [Word]
- Safety Evaluation Report - Download [Word]