Electrical engineering and computer engineering senior design demonstrations
Apr 16, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Academic & Research Center atrium
Electrical and computer engineering students at the Fritz J. and Dolores H. Russ College of Engineering and Technology will demonstrate their senior capstone projects on Wed., April 16, 2014, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Academic & Research Center atrium.
These yearlong, design-to-build, team projects offer students hands-on experience designing real-world solutions to society’s needs using electrical and computer engineering. Designs include navigational sensors and systems, autonomous aircraft and robots, and alternative materials for water treatment lamps.
Eight teams will be demonstrating their designs:
- Team GNSS Patch Antenna: GPS patch antenna for aircraft use.
- Team UFO (Unbelievably Fun Object): Control the multi-rotor jump-craft flying into the future
- Team RoboCat: Semi-autonomous quadruped robot that goes beyond human reach
- Team OGRE (Optical Gyroscopic Referenced Environment): A mobile system that autonomously navigates indoors and generates a map of the interior of a building
- Team Boron Inc.: Preparation of Boron Nitride Phosphor for Deep UV Solid State Light Engines in Space Water Recycling
- Team Bobcat Metrics: Integrates a set of water quality sensors, a communication protocol, an in-situ energy generator and a control unit that monitors and operates the other subsystems autonomously to sample and send water quality data from a remote location to the user either at preprogrammed time or on-demand. It can used to monitor the underground water or surface water for pollutions or poisons.
- Team ARS (Aircraft Runway Safety): Improving situational awareness to enhance the safety of pilots, passengers, and assets by integrating sensors to improve the pilot’s situation awareness on a runway.
- Team Interface Experts: Creating a modern user experience from the past's top line equipment by designing and implementing a Graphic User Interface (GUI)
Questions? Jim Zhu, email@example.com