Master's students, first year
- Attend orientation sessions.
- Get advice on which courses to take.
- Seek funding and employment opportunities.
- Meet faculty members who are doing research that interests you and take their classes.
- By the end of your first year, submit a plan of study to your graduate chair.
Master's students, second year
- Find out who your academic advisor is and work together to finalize a research topic.
- Take the Russ College's graduate writing course.
- Select faculty members to serve on your thesis committee.
- Take steps to develop and defend your thesis.