For faculty proposing a study abroad program
Please submit a completed Study abroad proposal form, which can be downloaded below. Please contact the Office of Education Abroad for assistance on developing your budget and proposal.
Education abroad proposal forms:
Tips for your proposal:
1. Use only the most recent version of the proposal form, available above.
2. Your proposal must be submitted electronically to the SAC chair (Harvey Ballard).
3. Make sure your proposal is submitted on time. Deadlines are listed on the proposal form.
4. Brevity is the soul of a good proposal – answer each question on the proposal form completely, but in as few words as you possibly can. As a rule, it is easier to add a missing piece of information later, than it is to rewrite an over-worded (in other words, confused) proposal.
5. Make sure none of your statements, facts or figures contradict each other (and make sure your budget adds up!).
6. Make sure your proposal is "clean" (typographical errors, spelling mistakes, formatting consistency).
If you have any questions, contact Harvey Ballard.
Yamada International House, 56 E. Union Street, Athens OH 45701 (740) 593-1840