Who is eligible for a Summer Travel Grant?
• Students who qualify for financial aid according to the guidelines determined by the Ohio University Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships and the Office of Education Abroad. All applicants must complete a FAFSA to be considered for an award.
• Students with family incomes of under $90,000.
• Students participating on a credit-bearing Ohio University, Ohio International
Consortium, or affiliate (AIFS, ISEP Direct, IEP, CIS, API, CEA, AIU, GlobaLinks, and CIEE) summer program that requires domestic or international travel. Applicants must be registered for a minimum of 4 OU credit hours in the summer (except medical students).
• Undergraduate or graduate students in good academic standing (2.0 for undergrads and 3.0 for grads). GPA may be considered. Students with above a 3.0 will be given preference.
Please note the following:
• International students are NOT eligible for this award. However, they may apply to an
alternative grant, the International Student Travel Grant.
• Students who have received this award previously will NOT be considered for the award a second time.
How can I apply for an award?
Complete all sections of this form and return it to the Office of Education Abroad, Walter International Education Center, by 4:00 p.m., by Monday, February 24, 2012. Applicants will be notified of their grant status by email no later than Monday, March 16, 2012.
Yamada International House, 56 E. Union Street, Athens OH 45701 (740) 593-1840