For fall semester and spring semester programs, 2012-13 academic year (including winter break and spring break).
Application Deadline: 5pm, Friday, March 16, 2012
Notification of Awards by Friday, April 20, 2012
Note: This grant is NOT available for summer. However, you may apply for a Summer Travel
Grant from the Office of Education Abroad.
How much aid is available?
Award amounts are intended to defray the cost of travel associated with education abroad programs and are tied to the awardee’s host country:
Latin America: up to $900
Canada: up to $500
Europe: up to $1100
Africa: up to $1800
Asia & Oceana: up to $1500
Middle East: up to $1500
1. Must be an undergraduate OHIO student applying for participation on an education abroad program for academic credit. Kazuo Yamada scholarship awardees and participants on summer 2012 or summer 2013 study abroad programs are not eligible to apply.
2. Must be in good academic standing. Preference will be given to students with a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher.
3. Must currently receive need-based financial aid or demonstrate a maximum household income of $95,000 to participate in the proposed study abroad program. Applicants without a current FAFSA on file through the Office of Financial Aid must submit a copy of the most recent 1040 tax form filed by the individual(s) claiming the applicant as a dependent along with any other verifiable support documentation.
4. Preference is given to students who have not had previous education abroad experience.
5. Previous OEA Study Abroad grant recipients will only be considered if funds remain after all other grants are awarded.
1. Completed Office of Education Abroad Study Abroad Grant Application.
2. Statement of purpose essay.
3. Academic performance.
4. Demonstrated financial need.
5. Lack of previous education abroad experience.
How can I apply for this grant?
Complete all sections of this form and return it to the Office of Education Abroad, Walter International Education Center, 15 Park Place (next to Baker Center) by the deadline indicated above.
Although a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is not required, it is helpful if you have a current one on file with the Office of Student Financial Aid.
Financial Aid Office - http://www.ohio.edu/financialaid/
FAFSA - http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
Summer Travel Grant - http://www.ohio.edu/educationabroad/Students/TravelGrant.html
Yamada International House, 56 E. Union Street, Athens OH 45701 (740) 593-1840