- Academic Programs
- Office of the Dean
- Office of Student Affairs
- Office of Clinical Experiences
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communication & Design
- Centers and Partnerships
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
Advanced Teacher Capacity offers professional development in mathematics, statistics, and modeling for mathematics teachers in Grades 9-12 to prepare them for four years of high school mathematics for all students. This initiative is supported by a grant from the Improving Teacher Quality Program administered by the Ohio Board of Regents.
ATC Online Webinars are open to all past, present, and future ATC scholars
The webinar room will open at 3:40 p.m. Please sign in early as a guest to test your equipment so that we may begin the webinar promptly at 4:00 p.m. To participate, go to https://adobeconnect.oit.ohio.edu/foley/ .
- 22 April 2015, 4:00-4:50 p.m., Topic: TBA
- 8 April 2015, 4:00-4:50 p.m., Topic: TBA
- 25 March 2015, 4:00-4:50 p.m., Testing a Claim: An Introduction to Hypothesis Testing and Confidence Intervals, led by Steve Phelps, Rachael Gorsuch, and Emily Meister
- 25 February 2015, 4:00-4:50 p.m., The Toothpick Problem: A Discussion about Modeling, led by Rachael Gorsuch
- 11 February 2015, 4:00-4:50 p.m., The Birthday Problem, Part II
- 28 January 2015, 4:00-4:50 p.m., The Birthday Problem, led by John Ashurst and Rachael Gorsuch
- 14 January 2015, 4:00-4:50 p.m., The Probabilities Involved with Medical Testing, led by Kevin Dael
Archived ATC Webinars:
- The Shape of a Distribution of Sample Means (3 December 2014), led by Steve Phelps, Kevin Dael, and Mike Houston
ATC Summer Institutes
The Advanced Teacher Capacity project offers two programs in summer 2015:
- QUANT Summer Institute on 14-19 June and 3-4 August 2015
- Modspar Summer Institute on12-17 July and 3-4 August 2015
- Online payments for QUANT and Modspar
Here's what past ATC scholars have said:
- "I enjoyed becoming more comfortable with the technology."
- "The institutes were content-rich."
- "Absolutely excellent."
- "The BEST professional development available to high school (mathematics) teachers. The BEST model with follow-up."
- "[Now]...I help my students to be critical thinkers by asking questions that are of high cognitive demand. I also engage my students in team work and collaborative activities to help them develop their communicating skills. In addition, I incorporate technology in my teaching so students can have multiple representations of ...concepts."
For more information about ATC, contact Mary Harmison.