- Office of the Dean
- Admissions & Financial Aid
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communications and Marketing
Centers and Partnerships
- Center for Higher Education
- Center for Partnerships
- Child Development Center
- Curriculum and Technology Center
- Communications and Connections
- Institute for Democracy in Education
- The Stevens Literacy Center
- Upward Bound
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
- Academic Programs
CAT - Choose Appalachian Teaching
Building a Community of Mathematics and Science Teachers
for Southern and Eastern Ohio
Choose Appalachian Teaching Scholarship Program
The CAT scholarship program is for future adolescent-to-young-adult (AYA) mathematics and science teachers in southern and eastern Ohio. CAT scholarships are undergraduate scholarships for two, three, or four years in the amount of
- $4,000 per year at Marietta College, Muskingum University, Ohio University Athens Campus, Shawnee State University, and the University of Rio Grande, and
- $2,500 per year at Ohio University's regional campuses: Chillicothe, Eastern, Lancaster, Southern, and Zanesville.
CAT scholarships are a part of the Choose Ohio First scholarship program.
Downloadable scholarship applications for the 2014-2015 academic year will be posted here by 1 January 2014. Scholarship applications received, or postmarked, by the early-decision deadline of 1 March 2014 will receive early consideration with notification in April. Applications received, or postmarked, by the regular-decision deadline of 1 June 2014 will be reviewed in June, and applicants will be notified of their status in July.
CAT news and related information:
- Registration for the 4th Annual Appalachian Ohio Mathematics and Science Teaching Research Symposium is open! Date: Saturday 21 September 2013, 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM, at Ohio University in Athens.
- Appalachian Ohio Mathematics and Science Teaching Research Symposia September 2012, 2011, and 2010. The next symposium will be Saturday September 21st 2013 at Ohio University in Athens.
- Education Initiative Earns $1 Million from Outlook, an OU publication
- CAT Project Summary
- More Choose Ohio First Scholarship Opportunities
- Other Education Scholarship Opportunities