- Office of the Dean
- Admissions & Financial Aid
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communications and Marketing
Centers and Partnerships
- Center for Higher Education
- Center for Partnerships
- Child Development Center
- Curriculum and Technology Center
- Communications and Connections
- Institute for Democracy in Education
- The Stevens Literacy Center
- Upward Bound
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
- Academic Programs
Out-of-area sites are beyond a reasonable driving distance from the Ohio University Athens campus or one of its regional campuses. For example: Cleveland, Toledo, Cincinnati or Dayton.
Out-of-area placement requirements include:
- The student must have an overall GPA of 3.0
- The student must have a major GPA of 3.5
- The student must submit a typed request for out-of-area placement which includes a rationale for the placement
- The student must submit faculty recommendations
- The student must pay a $300 fee
A student may request a specific site within an area; however, the Office of Professional Internships in Teaching will determine the site and will contact the site to make arrangements.
Consumer Sciences, Special Education, and Speech Therapy majors will be assigned only within the Athens Commuting Area. Music majors will be assigned only in the Athens and Lancaster Areas.
Note: A student may not be placed in a school that he/she attended. A student may not be placed in a district where members of his/her immediate family are employed.
- Field Experiences and Professional Internships