- Academic Programs
- Office of the Dean
- Student Affairs and Admissions
- Office of Clinical Experiences
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communications and Marketing
- Centers and Partnerships
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
Documentation for Field Experiences
Prior to beginning field experiences and professional internships, teacher candidates must complete documentation to comply with the requirements of early care and education sites and school districts. Teacher candidates are responsible for keeping copies of all documentation.
All Teacher Education Candidates: Ohio civilian background reports from the Ohio Bureau of Identification and Investigation (BCII) are required for admission to Professional Education. If you have not been a resident of the State of Ohio for five years or longer, you must also complete the FBI background report. Reports must be done yearly and submitted to The Patton College of Education’s Office of Student Affairs in McCracken Hall or to the Field Experiences Coordinator on your campus. To get a background check, go to www.attorneygeneral.gov/services/Business/WebCheck.aspx/?from=nav to find WEBCHECK® locations. The cost will vary depending on the agency and payment is your responsibility.
Early Childhood Education Candidates: The State of Ohio licensing laws require that all teacher candidates who are scheduled regularly for work or field experiences in early childhood settings submit the documentation listed below.
- Medical Statement Form: The medical statement is valid for one year. Click HERE to view and print the Early Childhood Medical Statement Form.
- Nonconviction Form: The upper half of the Nonconviction form needs to be completed. It states that you have not been convicted or pled guilty to any of the items listed. Click HERE to view and print the two-page Early Childhood Nonconviction Form.
- Fingerprinting: Both the Ohio (BCII) and FBI civilian background reports are required, regardless of residency. Reports are valid for one year.
- Diploma/Transcript: You will need a copy of your high school diploma or transcript with the date of graduation.
Questions? Contact Anne Oberlin email@example.com or (740) 593-2881.