- Academic Programs
- Office of the Dean
- Student Affairs and Admissions
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communications and Marketing
Centers and Partnerships
- Center for Higher Education
- Center for Partnerships
- Child Development Center
- Curriculum and Technology Center
- Communications and Connections
- Institute for Democracy in Education
- The Stevens Literacy Center
- Upward Bound
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
T.I.M.E. Mentoring Program
The mission of the T.I.M.E. E-Mentoring Program is to help form meaningful relationships between Upward Bound students and college students or community professionals who share their career interests and goals. This is achieved through using technology, specifically e-mail, to provide a more convenient means of contact that ensures a longer, more communicative connection.
Who can be a mentor?
- Faculty or staff at institutions of higher education
- Elementary or secondary school teachers
- Professionals within the community
- Ohio University students
As part of their yearlong commitment, mentors are expected to e-mail their mentees on a weekly basis, attend quarterly events, submit monthly logs of their interactions with their assigned mentee, and periodically check the website for new training materials and updates.Why Be A Mentor?
- Studies show that being a mentor can positively influence your own professional drive, ambition and productivity.
- It is a great opportunity to get involved in your community!
- Mentoring will not conflict with your busy schedule. Because T.I.M.E. is web-based, you don't need to have a huge amount of free time to take part. All we ask is weekly contact via e-mail; you choose when!
- YOU can really make the difference to our students.
To become an Upward Bound E-Mentor complete and submit a
If your computer will not allow you to submit the form electronically please download the print version of the Mentor Application to complete as a word document and email back.
Current Mentors: Please see the Mentor Training page to complete ongoing mentor training.
For other questions about becoming a mentor for the Ohio University Upward Bound Mentoring Program, please contact our office at 740.593.0728 or email@example.com
- Upward Bound Overview
- Student Admission
- Student Workshop and Activities
- Academic Advising Calendar
- Advisory Board
- History of TRIO Programs
- Parent Advisory Council
- Photo Album
- TIME Mentoring Program
- Tutoring Services
- Summer Employment
- Summer Registration
- Upward Bound Alumni Information