- Academic Programs
- Office of the Dean
- Student Affairs and Admissions
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communications and Marketing
Centers and Partnerships
- Center for Higher Education
- Center for Partnerships
- Child Development Center
- Curriculum and Technology Center
- Communications and Connections
- Institute for Democracy in Education
- The Stevens Literacy Center
- Upward Bound
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
Student Workshop & Activities
Upward Bound provides monthly workshops and activities for its participants during the academic school year. Workshop topics range from ACT/SAT Prep and study tables, to financial aid and college admission. Students also participate in college tours and cultural awareness events These events are designed to further prepare students for pursuit of postsecondary education.
Click the link below for access to our current workshop calendar! (Please note that workshop dates are subject to change.)
Students volunteers Troy Rivera (Jackson HS), Casey Ridenour (Eastern HS), Kelli Taylor (Logan HS), and Autumn Porter (Southern Local HS) load boxes at the Southeastern Ohio Food Bank (2013)
Stay in touch with us and view the workships and activities our past students have been involved with.
- Dr. Ray Skinner, first director of Upward Bound passes away
- Upward Bound@Ohio University gets refunded by the U.S. Department of Education
- Exploring Hiphop to discuss diversity
- Upward Bound hosted diversity event, MOSAIC
Please view a sample of our students work during the Summer Residential phase Project Based Learning outcomes on our Youtube Channel and below:
Students Jennifer Rayburn and Lisa Tilley (both of Logan HS) show their intercultural pride at the 2013 International Street Fair.
Workshop Policies and Procedures
- All workshops and activities are mandatory for Upward Bound participants.
- We have a strict anti-bullying policy. For more information, see our Bully Policy Handbook.
- If you would like to report bullying, you may print and fill out a Bullying Complaint Form.
- For more detailed information about our policies and procedures, see our Handbook.
A group of students cheer for the winning house team during our summer session, 2013.
Does your student need a ride to an Upward Bound event or can you offer another student a ride? Then check out our carpool list to see if you can find or give a ride!
- Upward Bound Overview
- Student Admission
- Student Workshop and Activities
- Academic Advising Calendar
- Advisory Board
- History of TRIO Programs
- Parent Advisory Council
- Photo Album
- TIME Mentoring Program
- Tutoring Services
- Summer Employment
- Summer Registration
- Upward Bound Alumni Information