- Academic Programs
- Office of the Dean
- Office of Student Affairs
- Office of Clinical Experiences
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communication & Design
- Centers and Partnerships
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
Institute for Democracy in Education
The Institute for Democracy in Education (IDE) generates empirical evidence to inform K-12 educational policies and interventions supporting historically marginalized and underserved student populations, their families, and their communities. In addition, the Institute provides technical assistance to educators (e.g., assistance with translating research to practice, support for engaging in action research, and facilitation of work developing linkages between and among education and community groups) with the intent of promoting practices that are appropriately responsive to the challenges and strengths of resident populations.
Through responsive research and evaluation practices, the IDE will help shape K-12 educational policies to students, families, schools, and communities within Appalachia and throughout the nation.
IDE will strive to:
- Conduct program evaluation and research services focusing on special needs populations and rural schools.
- Enhance awareness of special needs populations and rural schools.
- Promote empirical decision-making among educators.
Institute for Democracy in Education (IDE)
The Patton College of Education
McCracken Hall 218
Athens, OH 45701