- Academic Programs
- Office of the Dean
- Student Affairs and Admissions
- Office of Clinical Experiences
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communications and Marketing
- Centers and Partnerships
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
The Coalition of Rural and Appalachian Schools (CORAS), in partnership with the Ohio University Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education, is an organization of 133 school districts and other educational institutions in the 32-county region of Ohio designated as Appalachia. School districts in neighboring counties, institutions of higher education and related organizations may become members of the Coalition. CORAS is under the governance structure of a Regional Council of Governments and is funded through membership dues and support from the Ohio University Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education.
The mission of the Coalition of Rural and Appalachian Schools is to advocate for and support the public schools of Appalachia Ohio in the continuous improvement of educational opportunities available to all the region's children. This statement of mission acknowledges that the region's public schools are an integral part of the public education system for Ohio and that the Coalition may support and join with similar efforts throughout the state to improve the educational opportunities for all children.
- To seek equity in Ohio's system of school funding and adequacy of educational opportunity for all of Ohio's children
- To support the continuous development of educational leadership throughout the region's public school systems
- To identify and analyze policy issues that impact the effectiveness, strength and character of the public school system and to formulate and communicate position statements in response to these issues
- To sponsor and promote the use of research and to share successful practices for improving educational opportunities for all children in the CORAS region
Click to visit the CORAS website.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Richard Murray, Interim Executive Director
Coalition of Rural and Appalachian Schools
The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education
McCracken Hall 338
Athens, Ohio 45701