- Academic Programs
- Office of the Dean
- Office of Student Affairs
- Office of Clinical Experiences
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communication & Design
- Centers and Partnerships
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
Child Development Center
The Child Development Center at Ohio University opened in September 1972. It is the early childhood laboratory within the Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education.
As one of the only centers in the area that serves children ages six weeks to five years, we serve as a model for best practices in Southeastern Ohio. We believe that all children and parents have the potential to be an integral part of our community.
Our Values Statements
- Children are capable individuals with the ability to construct their own knowledge.
- In modeling best practices by creating a nurturing and challenging environment for children and practicum students
- In providing young children, students and families opportunities for interaction, engagement and reflection that creates a community of life long learners.
- Children should be active participants in the world around them i.e. our homes, our neighborhoods, the Center, the Ridges, the University, Athens…the world!
4th Annual Inspired Teachers Institute
Friday & Saturday, September 28-29, 2012
Ohio University | Margaret Walter Hall | Athens, Ohio
REGISTER HERE (Event has passed)
The Ohio University Child Development Center
Horse Barn Lane
The Ridges, Building 27
- Child Development Center Overview
- Daily Schedule Programs
- Resources for Current Parents
- Resources for Faculty
- Resources for Students
- Contact Us