- Academic Programs
- Office of the Dean
- Office of Student Affairs
- Office of Clinical Experiences
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communication & Design
- Centers and Partnerships
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
Middle Childhood Education PDS Partnerships
In partnership with local schools, the Center for PDS Partnerships proudly sponsors many active Professional Development School Partnerships for teacher preparation and professional development. The Middle Childhood Partnerships recruit prospective teachers seeking licensure in Ohio to teach grades 4-9 and provides them with an opportunity to become part of the school community for the entire academic year while completing teaching methods coursework.
Ohio University’s Middle Childhood Partnerships include five local schools:
- East Elementary, Athens
- Federal Hocking, Stewart
- Trimble MS, Jacksonville
- Millcreek Elementary / Miller High, Corning
- Logan-Hocking MS, Logan
Each partnership’s memorandum of agreement includes provisions for the following:
- School Liaison: A teacher at the local school who serves as a mentor to a teaching fellow who releases him or her half-time for professional development, including coordinating field experience placement for methods courses, assisting The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education PDS Partnership candidates in the school, and professional outreach to colleagues.
- Teaching Fellow: A licensed middle school teacher who teaches half-time at the local school under the mentorship of the school liaison while simultaneously working on a graduate degree in education.
- Faculty Coordinator: A university faculty member who serves as a coordinator for partnership activities between the local school community and The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education.
For more information contact:
Marcy Keifer Kennedy
Director, Center for Professional Development School Partnerships
Dr. Lisa Harrison
Chair, Middle Childhood Program
- Center for Partnerships Overview
- Early Childhood Education PDS Partnerships
- Middle Childhood Education PDS Partnerships
- Special Education PDS Partnerships
- Teaching Fellows