- Office of the Dean
- Admissions & Financial Aid
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communications and Marketing
Centers and Partnerships
- Center for Higher Education
- Center for Partnerships
- Child Development Center
- Curriculum and Technology Center
- Communications and Connections
- Institute for Democracy in Education
- The Stevens Literacy Center
- Upward Bound
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
- Academic Programs
- Emphasizing the knowledge, skills, and practices of responsive leadership, the Educational Administration Program fosters a vision of humane, engaging, inviting schools where administrators, teachers, students, parents/guardians, and community members work democratically to promote academic excellence and equity. The program is committed to social justice and promoting an ethic of leadership that is attentive to the human side of school change.
- Recognizing that the program’s graduates serve in a variety of regional, state, national, and international positions, the program is approached with the explicit consideration of the importance of context and place. More specifically, course work and field experiences integrate conceptual and practical knowledge, grounding practice in a thoughtful appreciation of the contexts in which students will deploy their knowledge and crafts.
- To provide an opportunity for educators and educational leaders to build and enhance capacities in educational administration, policy analysis, and research for service in local, regional, state, national, and international arenas. The program is committed to preparing students to be agents of change in education and related fields such as government agencies, foundations, and private non-profit organizations.
Degrees and areas of study
The Educational Administration Program offers graduate degrees at the master's, post master’s, and doctoral levels. The required course work is also offered for the pursuit of Ohio principal and district superintendent’s licenses. All programs are delivered in functionally-based combinations of in-class and on-line approaches.
Doctor of Education in Educational Administration
The Doctoral Program in Educational Administration combines conceptual and applied study at an advanced level, preparing individuals for scholarly work in education and related policy arenas. Students can study with cohorts, which are based at the Athens Campus.
Post Master’s Program
The Superintendent License Program assists students who already hold a master's degree (typically in educational administration) and/or an administrative license (e.g. principal’s license), to achieve Ohio licensure for a variety of administrative roles, including the superintendency.
Master of Education in Educational Administration
The Principal Preparation Program offers a well-balanced academic and field-based approach to a master's degree in educational administration and an Ohio Principal’s license.
The General Master’s Degree Program has three strands:
- One strand is the basic general program, which offers a considerable amount of flexibility in course selection.
- A second strand is the Teacher-Leader Program, which is offered to meet the needs of students who seek to build and enhance their capacity as teacher-leaders. The program prepares current and aspiring professionals for a variety of leadership roles. However, they are not developed for someone wishing to pursue administrative licensure.
- A third strand is the Organizational Leadership Program, which was developed to provide an integrated offering of business administration, educational administration, and public policy courses.
The Educational Administration has an external website as well. Please view the content HERE.
External site direct link: https://sites.google.com/site/ohiouniversityea/
For more information about the Master's and Licensure Programs, please contact:
Robin Boyd, Administrative Assistant
Educational Administration Program
- Educational Studies Overview
- Cultural Studies in Education
- Educational Administration
- Educational Research & Evaluation
- Instructional Technology
- Undergraduate Diversity Studies Certificate