- Academic Programs
- Office of the Dean
- Student Affairs and Admissions
- Office of Clinical Experiences
- Office of Assessment and Academic Improvement
- Office of Communications and Marketing
- Centers and Partnerships
- Faculty and Staff
- Alumni and Development
- News and Events
Ph.D. in Higher Education
Ohio University is the only institution in southeastern Ohio that offers a doctoral program in Higher Education. Its faculty includes internationally recognized scholars who can deliver up-to-date knowledge about Higher Education with the academic rigor that is demanded in Ph.D. studies.
Graduates of the program serve in faculty and cabinet-level administrative positions in colleges and universities. In addition, this degree serves a limited number of students who wish to develop research skills about Higher Education, regardless of their career ambitions.
All students learn about the history and contexts of Higher Education, leadership, organizational needs, the learning environment, and research concepts and methods. In addition, students gain advanced knowledge about a specialty area of Higher Education, for example, general administration or college student affairs. The Athens curriculum offers greater flexibility for the selection of courses than the weekend program, which must be highly structured to meet the needs of the executive cohort.
Click on the menu to the right to learn more about this program.
Application forms and admissions information are available at:
- Counseling and Higher Education Overview
- Counselor Education Overview
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- National Accreditations
- Financial Aid & Scholarships (pdf)
- George E Hill Center
- Faculty & Staff
Higher Education and Student Affairs
- Higher Education and Student Affairs Overview
- Master's in Higher Education
- Master's in College Student Personnel
- Doctoral Degree in Higher Education
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Resources for Students
- Faculty & Staff