Many classes and organizations choose to tour the Ecohouse each year. Tours feature the exterior features of the house such as the solar electric, solar thermal and community garden. They also discuss, through photos of the residents and interior of the house, sustainable living habits. For the safety of our residents, we only offer interior tours to select groups upon request. Otherwise, the interior of the house may be viewed during occasional Open House events sponsored by the residents.
Before scheduling a tour, please review the following:
- Tours must be requested at least two weeks in advance
- Tours generally require a minimum of 10 people.
- Tours are available Mondays – Fridays from 9am – 4pm during the academic year. Out of respect for our residents and tour guides, tours are not scheduled during finals week.
- Please note that, in order to keep tours and presentations free of charge, all of our guides are volunteers/interns of the Office of Sustainability.These individuals are not experts and, therefore, may not be able to answer all questions on-site. Any questions not answered during the tour will be answered via email upon request.
- Please allow 45 minutes for the Ecohouse tour.
- The OHIO Ecohouse is located at 8133 Dairy Lane in Athens, OH.
- Office of Sustainability is not responsible for your group's transportation to/from the tour site. Once your tour is scheduled, your guide will meet you on-site at the time scheduled. Please plan your travel accordingly.
Tour the House: To schedule a group tour of the house, please send an email to email@example.com requesting a Tour Form or follow the instructions on the "Tour Request" link to the left.
We reserve the right to refuse tour requests depending on availbility of our volunteer tour guides.