PARALEGAL CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
Ohio University, in partnership with the Center for Legal Studies, features a Paralegal Certificate Course in a print-based format. The print-based format requires only the printed lesson material that we send you and your textbooks.
- Students mail assignments and take-home exams.
- Review the material as many times as necessary for full retention of the information.
- Questions can be directed to the instructor via a toll-free number or mail.
- Students have a maximum of 6 months to complete Paralegal I and 6 months to complete Paralegal II (12 months total).
- The instructor of the print-based format is Scott Hatch, J.D., founder of The Center for Legal Studies, who has been offering law programs nationally since 1980.
- To receive your Paralegal Certificate, students must enroll in, and successfully complete, both Paralegal I and Paralegal II. Paralegal I is a prerequisite for Paralegal II. 80% is the minimum passing score on all tests and assignments for this course.
- Students can begin within a week of registration.
- Paralegal Career for Dummies, by Scott and Lisa Hatch
- Paralegal Certificate Course© Workbook, by Margaret J. Kirk
- Introduction to Paralegalism, 7th Edition, by William Statsky
- Uniform System of Citation
- Sample Pages
- Federal Civil Rules Booklet
- Order Books Online
Highly Recommended Legal Resources:
- Black's Law Dictionary 3rd Pocket Ed.
- Ballentine's Legal Dictionary and Thesaurus
- Uniform System of Citation, most current edition
- Because you are given full access to your learning materials, there are no refunds allowed once the course has begun.