Important Considerations for Ohio University Eastern Campus students
regarding Quarters to Semesters (Q2S) transition
Please consider the following as you progress through the coming academic year and
transition to semesters:
- The "Q2S" logo in the upper right hand corner is your cue to pay special attention to
the communication to which it is related. Please read all email, posters, web sites or other
items with information relating to the transition to semesters, especially those
communications from your faculty advisor or academic advisor.
- We transition to semesters in the Fall of 2012. We will have a full academic year of quarters
(Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer) in the 2011-2012 academic year (Sept. 6, 2011- Aug. 11,
- If you need to retake courses to improve your grade point average, please do this before the
transition to semesters.
- Complete sequenced classes (like Spanish, Science, or Math) in quarters, if possible.
- When registering for classes, priority should be given to major/program courses not offered
every quarter, as opposed to general education options that are offered more frequently.
- Make sure your official major is correct. If your major is listed as "Undecided", but you are
taking classes toward another major, be sure to declare the major you intend to pursue.
- Visit the Q2S website. http://www.ohio.edu/eastern/q2s/. See list of
FAQ and glossary of terms.
- Explore University and College specific Q2S web pages. http://www.ohio.edu/q2s/
- Academic and Transfer probation students should work hard to earn the required g.p.a. to
be removed from probation.
- Please remember to visit this web site regularly, as new information is forthcoming!