My research focus is about the:
- Role and mechanism of antioxidant therapy in type II diabetes and diabetic nephropathy
- Role of the insulin and IGF-modified growth regulator, preoptic regulatory factor-2 (PORF-2), which is a Rho-GAP domain-containing protein, in diabetic nephropathy
- Function of PORF-2; signaling pathways upstream and downstream of PORF-2
- Nowak, F.V. 2014 Preoptic Regulatory Factor-2, A RhoGAP domain protein that modifies cell cycle progression and apoptosis in the CNS. In: M.A. Hayat (ed) Stem Cells and Cancer Stem Cells, Volume 12, Spinger Science and Business Media, New York, NY, in press.
- Slyvka Y, Nowak FV, Wooten WM, McCall KD, Malgor R, Wood AS, and Inman SR. Urate Transporter 1 protein levels and localization in Type 2 diabetic and non-diabetic Zucker rat kidneys. Open Journal of Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases, 2013, 3, 63-68.
- Slyvka Y, Nowak FV, Hayes TM, and Inman SR. Short-term antioxidant diet prevents hyperfiltration in young male rat kidney subjected to ischemia/reperfusion injury. Open Journal of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, 2013, 3, 36-41.
For more publications please link to .
Begin at frame: 16:50