CPS has a number of Self-Help Booklets for students who:
• Need Information for a class presentation or other public arena.
• Need some ways of identifying problems in themselves or friends, and some helpful tips to "jumpstart" needed change.
• Are reluctant to consider face-to-face counseling right away, but want a more private way to begin to understand their problem (or the problems of a friend) and to give them courage to consider talking with someone.
• Need a easier way to bring up a problem with a friend or family member and use one of our booklets as a "conversation starter."
• Are psychological minded and curious about the following topics:
Controlling Your Temper
Friendships Gone Bad
Long Distance Relationships
Relationships that Hurt
Stop Being So Negative
Suicide: Helping Someone At Risk
Worrying: How to do less of it
These Self-Help Booklets are available to all OU students free of cost. You can pick them up at the CPS front desk without having to talk to anyone!
Ordering Self Help Booklets:
If other counseling centers or agencies are interested in these booklets, please see the directions for online ordering below. Payments can be accepted by check, money order, or credit card. All credit card transactions must be completed online.
Tax exempt centers or agencies should complete the following online invoice:
A tax exempt form must be either faxed or submitted to Mitzi Trentacoste, Business and Technology Manager, fax 740-593-0091 or email@example.com prior to completion of order.
For taxable online orders, please complete the following online invoice:
If you have any questions regarding the booklets, please contact Dr. Weiner, 740-593-1616 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All other questions related to online ordering, please contact Mitzi Trentacoste, 740-593-1616 or email@example.com.