COUNSELING AND PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES HAS TEMPORARILY RELOCATED TO CADY HALL DURING OUR RENOVATION.
Cady Hall is located in the South Green, between coordinates J-6 and K-6 on the
campus map. It is marked as # 124 on the map.
South Green ADA Map
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Welcome to Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS). We provide mental health and adjustment services to students and also consultation to faculty, administrators and parents of students. Read More...
Spring Semester Drop-in Hours are:
Monday - Friday: 9:45am - 3:15pm
How Do I Get Started?
Please come to CPS during our expanded Drop-in Hours. Your initial visit is an opportunity to explore your counseling needs in a confidential meeting with a Drop-in counselor. Together you can discuss the referrals that fit your needs and circumstances. Individual counseling, group counseling, and psychiatry are some of the services we offer at CPS, and we also make referrals to a wide range of other services both on and off campus.
Free, anonymous online mental health screening for depression, anxiety, bipolar, PTSD, alcohol and eating disorder is available. Go Here...
- 24/7 Crisis Intervention Service. Call 593-1616 to speak with a counselor.
- Drop-in Hours are available to new or returning clients who are experiencing a crisis, to students who wish to initiate therapy at CPS for the first time, or clients seeking to return to therapy at CPS after a "break" in receiving services.
- Counselor-In-Residence (CR) Let's Talk hours are on Monday and Wednesday: 6:00PM-10:00PM and Tuesday and Thursday: 5:00PM-9:00PM. Jefferson Hall 122. No appointment necessary.
- Find out how the WellBeing plan affects you.
- If you need emergency care at an emergency room call 911, or the Ohio University Police Department at 593-1911. The nearest emergency room is located at the O'Bleness Hospital on 55 Hospital Drive.
- Read more about the BASICS program. Click here for registration instructions.
- To withdrawal from all classes due to psychological concerns, please contact the office of the academic dean of your college. For more information about withdrawing for medical reasons, including the re-enrollment procedures, click here.