Fall Parents Weekend is Sept. 20-22
Sep 11, 2013
From staff reports
Ohio University will welcome Bobcat parents back to campus for Fall Parents Weekend, Sept. 20-22.
The weekend gives parents the opportunity to visit their student's new home, and experience first-hand what it's like to be a Bobcat.
"I'm a senior this year and my parents have never been able to make it down for Parents Weekend, but this year they are coming and I couldn't be more excited," said Kelsey Bantum, a senior commercial photography major. "I can't wait to take them out and show them the place I call home."
This action-packed weekend is filled with events that are guaranteed to keep students and their families entertained.
For the sports enthusiasts:
- Watch the OHIO Hockey team take the ice against the John Carroll Blue Streaks at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20 and Saturday, Sept. 21 at Bird Ice Arena. Tickets are $6 for students and $8 for all others. Doors will open at 6:45 p.m. Children under 5-years-old are free. For more ticket information, please visit http://www.ohiobobcatshockey.com/.
- At 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 21, join the OHIO Bobcat football team while they duke it out against the Austin Peay Governors at Peden Stadium. Student admission is free, and tickets may be picked up at the Convocation Center Ticket Office, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. Tickets for parents and family members may be purchased in advance. To purchase tickets or find out more information, please contact the OHIO Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-575-CATS.
For those who enjoy the outdoors:
- If you are a night owl, don't worry because we have something for you. Outdoor Pursuits will host an evening of stargazing and campfire fun on Friday, Sept. 20 and Saturday, Sept. 21 from 8 p.m. to midnight at the Ridges. The evening will be spent roasting marshmallows and spotting constellations with astronomer George Eberts. The registration fee is $8 per person, which includes transportation and campfire snacks. To register or find more information, go to http://www.ohio.edu/recreation/outdoorpursuits/localtrips.cfm.
For pure entertainment:
- Rise and Shine! Come to the Baker University Center Ballroom on Saturday, Sept. 21 to indulge in a delicious breakfast buffet. Seating will take place at 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. The menu features scrambled eggs, French toast, bacon, hash browns, assorted pastries and fresh fruit. This event also will include live music, raffles and a meet-and-greet with University administrators. Tickets are $12 per person and are available for purchase at https://commerce.cashnet.com/ohiofamilyweekends
- Experience a night of laughter with The Second City's tour of "Happily Ever Laughter." The show will take place at 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 21 in the Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium. Don't miss out on an evening of scripted and improvisational cutting edge comedy. Tickets are $18 and may be purchased at: https://commerce.cashnet.com/ohiofamilyweekends
For a complete list of 2013 Fall Parents Weekend events, visit http://www.ohio.edu/parents/familyweekends/02.cfm