Athens Video Works to host AVW Week, March 10-16
Mar 10, 2014
From staff reports
Ohio University's student-run media production house, AVW Productions, will host a weeklong event, March 10-16, to celebrate the more than 90 videos the organization has produced. With 12 shows, AVW Productions has reached more than 18,000 views this year.
AVW Productions is an entirely student-run media production house at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. Students take part in all aspects of the production process, from writing scripts to editing the final product, and are involved with elements of media production, acting, business, music, and more.
SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK:
- Monday, March 10—AVW Productions will launch their brand new website with crew bios, show opportunities and a list of all their content easily accessible.
- Tuesday, March 11—On Facebook and Twitter we will be releasing never-before-seen commercials for some of our hottest shows.
- Wednesday, March 12—AVW will release in-depth interviews with its creative producers. This will be a great opportunity for interested students to hear about the potential each show has to offer. This can be found on Facebook, Twitter and the AVW website.
- Thursday, March 13—From 3 to 7 p.m. in Baker University Center 226, students can speak to AVW peer-media leaders, ask questions and hear about the available positions within the shows.
- Friday, March 14—From 5:30 to 8 p.m. in the Bobcat Student Lounge, AVW will play several show premiers and for the first-time ever, a live streaming show of Fridays Live! (a live sketch-comedy show) with special guests from AVW Newstime (a news parody show).
- Saturday, March 15—All day, students will participate in the adventure reality TV show called TOUR. You can follow them with the hashtag #TOUREP1
- Sunday, March 16— For the first time ever, AVW Tech Heads will cover the live Super Smash Brothers Tournament starting at 11:30 a.m. in Baker University Center 240. There will be dozens of other video games there as well as prizes from organizations.
For more information, visit http://athensvideoworksproductions.wordpress.com/.