“OHIO’s PT program is nothing short of AMAZING! The primary thing that sets OHIO apart from other programs is the sincere devotion of the faculty to the students. In addition, OHIO’s program is very strong academically in manual therapy and neurologic PT. I’ve receive a more than excellent education here and I feel confident and prepared as I enter the clinic”
-Christina Metzger, Class of 2012
Information on Clinical Experiences:
- The part-time clinical occurs in the first year of the program in a variety of local, rural clinical facilities.
- Clinical Practicum I – 10 weeks, 2nd segment of Fall Semester of 2nd year
- Clinical Practicum II – 12 weeks, Summer Semester of 3rd year
- Clinical Practicum III/Clinical Practicum IV – 16 weeks, Spring Semester of 3rd year (can be completed as either one 16 week or two 8 week clinical rotations depending on clinic availability and student’s educational/career goals)
Additional clinical information:
- Currently, we have over 300 contractual agreements which can provide placement opportunities throughout the U.S. and are beginning to expand abroad with an agreement in London, England
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from clinical sites and for housing and other living expenses during clinical practica
- Students are required to obtain and maintain current CPR certification, TB tests, physical examinations, hepatitis B vaccination, proof of childhood immunizations, and liability insurance coverage; some clinic sites require proof of additional immunizations and other certifications or training
- Students are required to complete an online Criminal Background Check in the first term of the program. Some clinic sites require additional forms of background checks and/or have exclusion criteria based on the results of the background check. Students with criminal records, especially felony convictions, cannot be guaranteed clinical placement
- Students must acknowledge that they are at increased risk for exposure to infectious disease due to contact with patients, blood, and other bodily fluids during clinical practica
- Students must comply with the clinical facility’s policies and procedures.