CATVision, Ohio University's digital high defintiion cable television network, is operated by Access, Transaction & Video Services in cooperation with Residential Housing and the WOUB Center for Public Media in compliance with the CATVision Mission Statement.
CATVision is a year-round, 24 hour-a-day service delivered to every student bedroom, apartment and residence hall lounge on the Athens campus as part of the room charge. There is no additional fee. The service is also provided to various academic and administrative locations on campus.
CATVision's channel line up currently provides:
- 26 analog channels, including local network stations from Columbus, OH and Huntington, WV
- 58 channels of digital HD entertainment/general interest programming
- A Campus Community Channel (Ch. 19)
- A full-screen Channel Guide and Weather Forecaster (Ch. 71)
- 17 Channels reserved for educational programming, teleconferences, distance learning and foreign languages
- 46 music choice music channels
CATVision also carries two Ohio University radio stations on the FM band of the cable. These stations are WOUB (NPR) - 91.3 and ACRN - 99.3. Instructions for installing a splitter in order to listen to these stations on your stereo are included among our Frequently Asked Questions.