Our beverage service includes anything from our famous punches to standard and specialty beer, wine, and liquor. Bar prices include call brands, bartender, glassware, non-alcoholic beverages, and mixers & bar fruit. Please confirm your event location with the catering staff due to alcohol licensing restrictions. The process of mixed drinks is customized to each location on campus. Please discuss with your catering representative at your next meeting.
University Alcohol Policy
Ohio University allows the sale and use of alcoholic beverages on the campus in a manner that is responsible and complies with the law. The Ohio University policy that addresses the sale and use of alcoholic beverages on campus is #24.001 "Alcoholic Beverages on University Property and in Fraternity and Sorority Houses."
The Guide to Residential Living outlines additional policies relative to alcoholic beverages in residence halls on campus. If students violate the policy, residence hall rules, the Student Code of Conduct, or the law relative to alcohol, they are subject to discipline through University Judiciaries.
Following are the highlights of the policy:
What is permitted?
- Indoor public or private events with alcoholic beverages are permitted on University property if the majority of those in attendance will be over 21.
- Outdoor private events with alcoholic beverages are permitted on University property if the majority of those in attendance will be over 21.
What is not permitted?
- In residence halls and recognized Greek chapter houses, those over 21 may consume in their rooms or the room of another student over 21.
- No outdoor public events with alcoholic beverages are permitted on University property.
- No events of any kind with alcoholic beverages are permitted in residence halls or Greek chapter houses.
- No individual use of alcoholic beverages is permitted in public areas of campus, of residence halls, or of Greek chapter houses.
What is required for events that are permitted?
- No event where alcohol is served can be sponsored by an alcohol brand, manufacturer or distributor.
- Any event where alcoholic beverages are served must be held in accordance with applicable laws and must be approved in advance and in writing by Ohio University.
- Event planners are responsible for the conduct of all persons present and for compliance with the policy; they agree not to consume alcohol during the event.
- The majority of those in attendance must be over 21, and identification must be checked.
- Neither alcohol nor its consumption can serve as the theme of an event, nor can any other aspect of the event encourage consumption.
- Manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers cannot sponsor events.
- Alternative beverages and food are required.
- There are maximum serving sizes, maximum quantities, and, in case where beverages are sold, minimum sale prices.
How do I register an event or get a permit?
- Events may not begin before 11am, last after 1 am, or be longer than five hours.
The administration of the alcohol policy is the responsibility of Baker University Center. To request permission to use or serve alcoholic beverages on University property or to apply for a permit to sell alcoholic beverages on University property, contact the Reservations Office at Baker University Center at 740.593.4020.