On Campus Recruiting (OCR) gives you the opportunity to interview on campus with employers who have professional job openings or internships. Interviewing takes place both semesters of the academic year.
2014-15 OCR Schedule for Fall and Spring Semester:
Fall Semester - September 22 - November 26, 2014
Spring Semester - February 16 - April 24, 2015
The best way to learn about and apply for on-campus interview opportunities is to log on to Bobcat CareerLink.
Most employers will use "prescreening" to fill their interview schedules. This means that when you submit your resume for an interview, your resume will be forwarded to the employers for their review. The employers will select the candidates they wish to interview. You will receive an e-mail stating that you have been preselected. The system will be programmed to allow only preselected candidates to schedule an interview time.
Career and Leadership Development Center, Ohio University
Pursuant to the Ohio University Code of Conduct (http://www.ohiou.edu/judiciaries/conduct.htm), registrants with the Career and Leadership Development Center who misrepresent their credentials are committing a Code A2 Dishonesty Violation. Conduct covered by this offense includes but is not limited to: (a) Furnishing false information to the University by forgery, alteration, or misuse of documents or records; (b) furnishing to the University a written or oral false statement; (c) furnishing false identification to a University or civic official.
Examples of misrepresentation, as they apply to the Career and Leadership Development Center, would include falsifying information provided during an interview, at a career fair, in a written resume or cover letter, Bobcat CareerLink profiles, resume books and uploaded resumes.
The following process and sanctions would occur if a registrant were found to be in violation of the aforementioned policy
Process for Reviewing Probable Academic Misrepresentation:
1. The registrant will meet with the appropriate Associate or Assistant Director of Career and Leadership Development Center.
2. The Associate or Assistant Director will determine if the case is referred to the Career and Leadership Development Center Review Board.
3. The Career and Leadership Development Review Board will determine if the case should be referred to University Judiciaries and if sanctions will be imposed by the Career and Leadership Development Center.
4. The Director of the Career and Leadership Development Center will notify the registrant regarding the final decision.
1. The registrant will be suspended immediately from the Bobcat CareerLink database.
2. Career and Leadership Development Center reserves the right to suspend a registrant for up to one academic year and refer them to University Judiciaries.
3. The Career and Leadership Development Center Review Board will determine how long the registrant will be suspended from Bobcat CareerLink.*
4. University Judiciaries may impose whatever sanctions are applicable to an A2 offense if it is determined that the registrant committed dishonesty.
*Decisions made by the Career and Leadership Development Center are separate from any rulings and possible actions from University Judiciaries.
Written appeals may be submitted to the Director of Career and Leadership Development Center.
You must cancel your interview no later than two business days before the actual interview date. If you fail to provide the proper advance notice, you will be considered a "No-Show/Late Cancellation" and your Bobcat CareerLink privileges will be suspended until you do the following:
1. Meet with the Associate Director of the Career and Leadership Development Center to discuss the situation.
2. Submit a typed letter of apology in a stamped envelope addressed to the recruiter. Contact information for the recruiter will be available at the Employer Relations' desk at the Career and Leadership Development Center beginning the day of their recruiting visit. Should you need to cancel an interview within two business days prior to the interview, contact the Career and Leadership Development Center at740-593-1394. If you acquire two "No-Show/Late Cancellations," your Bobcat CareerLink privileges will be suspended for the remainder of the academic year.
3. Please note, it can take 2 to 3 business days to reactivate your account.
Last Revised: August 2013
A job or internship acceptance is a major commitment to your employer. You should only make this type of commitment if you intend to honor it. Once you accept an employment offer, whether through On-Campus Recruiting, Bobcat CareerLink, or your own independent job search, you are expected to completely withdraw from the job search process. If you are uncertain about whether or not to accept an offer or need advice on managing multiple offers, consult with a Career and Leadership Development Center staff member. Reneging on a job offer is unprofessional and impacts Ohio University's reputation in the employment community as well as your own. Should you renege on an job offer you will be suspended from Bobcat Careerlink until you meet with the Career and Leadership Development Center to discuss the matter.