Rules and Regulations
To enter, please send by mail or courier your submission, which must be clearly labeled with your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number along with your completed Official Entry Form to the following address (if on video, submit a clearly labeled VHS tape or DVD):
- The Buzz Video Contest
- Ohio University
- ATTN: Kim Bahr
- Department of Health Education and Wellness
- Hudson Health Center, Room 233
- Athens, OH 45701
Where more than one student has been involved in the creation of the submission: (1) the submission must be clearly labeled "Team Effort"; (2) the label must also include the name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number of at least one member of the team; and (3) each team member must complete a separate Official Entry Form and all such forms must accompany the submission.
For the purpose of these Rules and Regulations, each properly labeled submission accompanied by all applicable completed Official Entry Forms shall be considered an entry.
- Submissions must be received by The Department of Health Education and Wellness by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 1, 2005. Judging will take place by April 1, 2005.
- To be eligible, entrants must be enrolled as full-time undergraduate or graduate students - in good standing - at Ohio University.
- Only one entry per student, either as an individual or part of a team effort and each submission must have its own entry form (or forms, in the case of a team effort). The Department of Health Education and Wellness at Ohio University is not responsible for entries that are delayed, lost, misdirected, incomplete, damaged or destroyed. Any entry that is tampered with, unreadable or mutilated will be null and void. SUBMIT A DUPLICATE COPY OF YOUR VHS tape or DVD - DO NOT SEND THE ONLY COPY. No entries will be returned. All winning entries become the sole property of The Department of Health Education and Wellness at Ohio University. If you request a confirmation that The Department of Health Education and Wellness has received your entry and you include your email address (or a stamped, self-addressed postcard/envelope), the Department will try to advise you that it has received your entry.
- The content of the Buzz Video Contest submission is dependant solely on the participant(s). However, the Contest is a chance to make a statement about the low-risk use of alcohol and submissions must include:
- An abstract of no more than 150 words describing your video concept (conveying the heart of your message).
- ONE of the following:
- A script of your concept, including:
- List of characters
- Scene/location description
- Any text that will appear on screen
- A storyboard of your concept, including:
- List of characters
- Scene/location description
- Any text that will appear on screen
- A video production of your concept
- At least one negative consequence of high-risk alcohol use (see information at ohio.edu/buzz).
- One message from the Buzz Campaign (see information at ohio.edu/buzz).
- NO profanity, violence, explicit behavior or names of campus officials or faculty.
- The following legal disclaimer:
- "If you are under the age of 21, it is illegal to purchase and consume alcohol."
- Official Entry Form(s) completed by each student involved in the PSA's development
- Only appropriate submissions will be eligible to enter the contest. The Department of Health Education and Wellness at Ohio University therefore reserves the right to refuse any material that it finds inappropriate, not reflecting contest rules, or reflecting negatively upon the University, the Department and its procedures.
- As many as five entries may be selected for production. A prize of $500.00 dollars in gift certificates good at Athens area businesses will be awarded to the individuals or groups submitting those selected entries. In the case of a team effort, The Department of Health Education and Wellness may issue gift certificates made out to each member of the team in equal amounts.
- Each individual or team member in the creation of a winning entry will have to complete a standard declaration and release form confirming compliance with the contest rules, and acceptance of the prize as awarded and assigning all right, title and interest in the entry to The Department of Health Education and Wellness at Ohio University within seven (7) days of being notified that his/her entry has been selected. Each must also certify that the winning submission is original to the selected entrant or entrants and that The Department of Health Education and Wellness at Ohio University has an unrestricted right to use it for any purposes.
- University Communications and Marketing will produce the selected entries creating thirty-second TV spots. The winning students or teams of students may, but are not required to, work with UCM as producers of the spots in any capacity that they are able at the discretion of UCM.
- Entries will be judged by a panel of judges chosen by The Department of Health Education and Wellness at Ohio University. The decisions of the judges on all matters relating to the contest are final. Judging will take place prior to April 1, 2005. Each individual or team member will be notified if they have a winning submission. If The Department of Health Education and Wellness is unable to contact an individual or a team member as stated within 5 days after the judges have submitted their final decisions, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to another entry in accordance with these contest rules. If the Department of Health Education and Wellness does not receive entries of sufficient quality, the Department reserves the right not to award any or all of the prizes.
- Your submission must be entirely your (or in the case of a team effort, your team's) own original creation and must not infringe upon or violate any laws or any rights of third parties, including, but not limited to, such violations as infringement of copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or property right, libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy, publicity, personality or celebrity, or any contract right, or any other right of any individual, corporation or entity. Entrants must obtain all necessary permissions, licenses, clearances, releases, waivers of moral rights and other approvals from third parties (including but not limited to all copyright holders and all individuals appearing in a video submission), necessary to use the submission, in whole or in part, in any way, including without limitation, to reproduce, make derivatives, edit, modify, translate, distribute, transmit, publish, license and broadcast worldwide, by any means. Any and all such permission, licenses, clearances, releases, waivers of moral rights and approvals must be provided to The Department of Health Education and Wellness at Ohio University upon its request.
- By entering this contest, each entrant consents to the use, reproduction, publication, transmission and/or broadcasting of his/her name and or prize information, without compensation, in any Department of Health Education and Wellness and/or any Ohio University advertising, publicity or promotion, and/or for general news and information purposes. Winners consent to their photographs being taken by The Department of Health Education and Wellness at Ohio University for such use, without further compensation. In addition, winning entries will be posted on one or more Ohio University webpages.
- The chances of winning depend on the total number and quality of eligible entries received prior to the closing date.
- If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned or if in the sole discretion of The Department of Health Education and Wellness at Ohio University, the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest is corrupted or adversely affected, The Department of Health Education and Wellness reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
- These rules are subject to change without notice for any reason including, without limitation, if necessary to comply with any applicable laws or regulations. By entering the contest, entrants agree to abide by these contest rules and regulations and acknowledge that The Department of Health Education and Wellness at Ohio University shall not be responsible for any damages, costs, demands, claims or losses of any kind, made in connection with, in respect of or arising out of this contest or the prizes, including without limitation, in connection with the development or use of the submissions.