Ohio University Athens Campus
from Wood County, WV, Airport
- Street Addresses for GPS
- Most Ohio University buildings do not have street addresses. To help GPS systems or various online services provide you with driving directions, you may use any of these addresses, all of which are in Athens, OH, on the Athens campus:
- 35 Park Place
- 3 President Street
- 135 South Green Drive
- Intersection of Court Street and Union Street
- If you are flying into the Wood County Airport in Parkersburg, WV, take WV-2 South approximately 3 miles to I-77 South, approximately 4 miles, to US-50 West.
Stay on US-50 W through Parkersburg and Belpre, OH. The four-lane bypass for US-50 through Parkersburg, WV, and Belpre, OH, has been completed, using a new bridge over the Ohio River. Stay on US-50 W (which joins OH-7 W and OH-32 W for parts of your travel) from Belpre to Athens. Once you cross the Ohio River, you have about 45 minutes still to go.
Stay on US-50 W all the way up the Hocking River valley to the city of Athens. This will require an exit from the OH-7 four-lane less than a mile West of the small sign to turn left for "downtown Coolville."
US-50 is now four lanes all the way from I-77 to Athens.
After US-33 E joins US-50 W and OH-32 W in Athens, take Exit 17, for OH-682 N. There is a traffic circle ("roundabout") at the end of the off-ramp. Traffic entering the circle must yield to traffic already in the circle:
- For the main campus, keep to the right as you approach the traffic circle, go one-quarter of the way around, and take the first exit, onto Richland Avenue; cross the Hocking River and enter the Ohio University campus. You will be at coordinates E-6 on the campus map, with the Convocation Center on your left and Peden Stadium on your right.
- To go to the Ridges, keep to the left as you approach the traffic circle. Then exit after going halfway around to stay on OH-682; the driveway up to the Ridges is a left turn before the traffic light.
- To go to the Ohio University Inn, keep to the left as you approach the traffic circle. Then exit after going three-quarters of the way around, onto Richland Avenue; the Ohio University Inn will be on your right, after the park.
|Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/travel/wood.html) on April 24, 2013.