Ohio University - HomeApply Online Now!
Search
Ohio.edu Sites
Name Directory

Athens Campus Map and Tour
Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map

Back  Tour  Next

Wray House


Location and Current Use

Wray House is located in the South Green, between coordinates J-7 and K-7 on the campus map. It is marked as # 134 on the map.

Wray House is a residence hall. Each room has its own window air conditioner.

The Housing office provides more detailed information on line.


History of Building

Built in 1968, Wray House was part of the South Green complex. The number 13 residence hall was opened in November 1970. At the South Green Dedication Ceremonies in September 1973, the building number 13 was given the name Wray House.


Edith A. Wray

Wray House is named in honor of Edith A. Wray, a native of Shelbyville, IN. She was educated at Shelbyville High School, Depauw University, Stanford University, University of Wisconsin, Oxford University in England, and Bryn Mawr. She was a professor of English at Ohio University for 36 years. She co-authored the College Composition textbook. She was sponsor of Mortar Board, senior women's honor society, and was very active in the work of American Association of University Women.


Back  Tour  Next

Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map


Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/wray.html) on April 26, 2013.
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 593-1000
webteam@ohio.edu
Copyright © 2013 Ohio University.
 All Rights Reserved.