Johnson Hall was built in 1952 and originally housed 116 male students.
Arthur C. Johnson
Johnson Hall was named in honor of Arthur C. Johnson. Educated at Buchtel College (now the University of Akron) and Bowling Green State University, he was on the board of Trustees at Ohio University for thirty three years. He was a journalist for fifty years, president of the Ohio State Archaeological and Historical Society, a board member of the Rutherford B. Hayes Foundation, and one of the founders of the Columbus Zoo. He was an inventor and founded Agricultural Lands Inc.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/johnson.html) on April 26, 2013.