Ohio University - HomeApply Online Now!
Search
Ohio.edu Sites
Name Directory

Athens Campus Map and Tour
Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map

Back  Tour  Next

Golf Course


Location and Current Use

The Ohio University Golf Course is located on both the north and south banks of the Hocking River, from coordinates H-7 to J-9 on the campus map. The pro-shop is between the open tennis courts, marked as # 91 on the map, and the covered tennis courts, marked as # 144. (The open and covered tennis courts are visible in the upper-left corner of the photo, above, but the pro-shop is hard to see. The pro-shop is visible in the mid-background of the photo of the open tennis courts, on the previous stop in the virtual tour.)


History of the Golf Course

The nine-hole recreational Golf Course was originally located entirely along the north bank of the Hocking River, between South Green Drive and the river. Construction projects in the late 1990's (especially Ping Center and the football practice fields) temporarily reduced the course to four holes. The temporarily missing holes have been replaced, using land on the south bank of the Hocking River (between the river and the highway), which can be reached by a bridge that was built in 2001.


Back  Tour  Next

Begin TourBuilding IndexGreenParkingCampus Map


Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/athens/bldgs/golf.html) on April 25, 2013.
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
(740) 593-1000
webteam@ohio.edu
Copyright © 2013 Ohio University.
 All Rights Reserved.