Information about how transfer work is equated in University College, declaring or changing your major, and taking a course at another college or institution can all be found on this Website. Please click on the graphic buttons on your left to view some great files and pages regularly used by students.
TRANSFER STUDENT CHECKLIST...
1. Have you sent all of your transcripts? If not, be sure to send an official, final transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, 120 Chubb Hall, Athens, OH 45701.
2. All students with fewer than 90 credits hours are required to live in university residence halls. However, exceptions for those commuting and older students exist. Check with the Housing Office, 740-593-4090, http://www.facilities.ohiou.edu/housing/rs/index.html.
3. If you do not have a recent (5 years) ACT or SAT score and have not taken a transferable algebra course or higher, then you are required to take the on-line math placement test. Call Greg Oberlin, 740-593-1935, for instructions and your password.
4. Register for Precollege Orientation even if you meet individually with an advisor for registration. We strongly recommend that you attend Precollege Orientation. Precollege Orientation is important to learn campus resources and policies, obtain your student ID, and activate your OAK/Ohio e-mail account. Invitations are mailed one month prior to the beginning of each quarter (June for Fall Quarter admissions).
5. Apply for financial support and resources. Be sure that you complete the FAFSA <http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/> and call the student Financial Aid Office to ensure your scholarships, loans, and grants are in order, 740-593-4141, http://www-sfa.chubb.ohiou.edu/html/index.html.
6. Become a Bobcat! Ohio University and Athens are rich with arts, music, sports, outdoor activities, films, lectures--you name it. Check out all that you can enjoy at http://www.ohio.edu/students/.