Russ College of Engineering and Technology
Our PromiseRuss College students hold the promise to answer society's most complex questions – those regarding renewable energy, improved transportation, better health care, and sustainable communities. Home to the top bioengineering prize in the world; awarded in cooperation with the National Academy of Engineering, the Russ College stands with OHIO in its quest to become one of the most important public universities in the nation.
Engineering is a growth field. The National Association of Colleges and Employers ranked the most in-demand degrees, counting five engineering and technology fields among its top 10: electrical, mechanical, and computer engineering, along with materials management and information science. You can influence the future by supporting Russ College in our pursuit to offer a top 25 undergraduate engineering program in the country.
Your SupportWith your support, we will be able to engage more students in scholarship, leadership, and international education, and encourage faculty excellence that balances classroom teaching and research.
We believe that you should be able to support what matters most to you, so you can designate your gift to any area you desire. We have several exciting current initiatives that will benefit from your generosity:
- Creating four endowed chairs in areas where we have already garnered national and international recognition: energy transport mediation systems, transportation systems logistics, ground transportation infrastructure and national aerospace studies;
- Establishing a new faculty recruitment fund to attract junior faculty and provide them with items such as research equipment and supplies, temporary salary support for co-scholars or travel funds to present research;
- Supporting a Strategic Research Fund to ensure that the College has a source of income to help turn research into viable products and respond to significant watching fund opportunities such as a DOT University Transportation Center;
- Expanding undergraduate scholarship funds to ensure a competitive edge among peer institutions and enhancing first-year graduate-level stipends directed toward our areas of strategic research;
- Funding a Student Activities Fund to support conference attendance such as the Flying Bobcats regional and national flight competitions and the Autonomous Lawnmower and Snow Plow Competitions, which Russ College students routinely win.
In 1999, Fritz and Dolores Russ created the National Academy of Engineering's Fritz J. and Dolores H. Russ Prize, an international engineering award comparable to the Nobel Prize, with a multimillion dollar gift. The most recent recipient was Dr. Leroy Hood, inventor of the automatic DNA sequencer and a key player in the Human Genome Project.
And in 2008, the Russes bequeathed to the College $124 million -- the largest charitable donation to any public engineering college in the United States. We now have an incredibly unique opportunity to further our excellence.
Your gift – no matter the amount –makes a huge difference in the lives of our students. From scholarships and graduate stipends, to leadership development programs, to top-notch faculty, students are always at the heart of everything we do.
To make an immediate gift to the Russ College online using your credit or debit card, please visit www.ohio.edu/give
Gifts of appreciated securities, like stocks and bonds, are a great way to transmit assets to OHIO as charitable contributions. Please use these transfer instructions to make your gift today.
Planned gifts such as bequests, trusts, and annuities provide creative options to maximize both your gift to OHIO and your benefits. Click HERE to learn more.
To mail a gift, please make your check payable to The Ohio University Foundation. If you wish to designate your gift to a certain area, such as the Russ College, please write that in the memo line of the check.
The mailing address is:
The Ohio University Foundation
PO Box 869
Athens, OH 45701-0869
If you prefer to make your gift over the phone, have questions about giving to the Russ College, or would like to discuss other giving opportunities, please contact:
Senior Director of Development, Russ College of Engineering and Technology
179 Stocker Engineering Center
Athens, Ohio 45701