To successfully complete the application process, you will need to follow these steps. Please note that if you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may download the free version to view the PDF documents referenced below.
- Carefully read all Application Instructions (.pdf). Note priority dates, deadlines and any special application requirements for the program you are pursuing.
- Complete the application form online. Note: You can also download a paper form on our Forms page.
- Submit your application fee. If completing an online application, you will be required to submit payment electronically. For paper applications, you must include a check or money order.
- Have your school counselor complete the Counselor Information Form (.pdf). He or she should submit the form along with an official copy of your high school transcript.
- Request that your ACT and/or SAT test scores be sent to Ohio University. Freshman applicants must take either the ACT or the SAT. If you take the ACT, we strongly encourage you to take the optional writing portion of the test. If you took the SAT before March 2005, we will accept the score from the old version of the test. If you have been out of high school for more than one year, test scores are not required unless specifically requested by Undergraduate Admissions. The scores should be sent directly from the testing agency. Our ACT code is 3314 and our SAT code is 1593.
- Submit all application materials to the address below:
Chubb Hall 120
1 Ohio University
Athens OH 45701
Optional Application Materials
You may also wish to submit an essay, letters of recommendation, and/or a list of your extra-curricular interests and activities. In most cases, these items are optional. An essay is recommended if you are applying to the E. W. Scripps School of Journalism. Refer to the Application Instructions (.pdf) for more information about specific requirements for the academic program you are pursuing.
Honors Tutorial College Applicants
Students applying to Honors Tutorial College (HTC) are also required to complete the HTC Application Supplement, which is included in the standard application. All application materials should be sent directly to the Honors Tutorial College, 35 Park Place, 1 Ohio University, Athens OH 45701.
Changing your Entry Term
In most cases, a student's offer for admission to Ohio University is valid for one academic year. An updated Undergraduate Application for Admission and Scholarships is required in order to change the intended entry term. Because of the previous application, a request form can be submitted to waive the application fee.
Application Priority Dates for Freshmen
|International Students Application Priority Date
*Note: the Honors Tutorial College has an earlier application completion priority date for both U.S. and international students. All items—including the application, fee, application supplement, high school transcript, and any applicable test scores—must be received by December 1 for consideration. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you apply as early as possible.