23.050: Posting of Material for Advertisement or Notification
|Approved on December 30, 2002||Signatures and dates
on archival copy
|Terrence J. Hogan|
Dean of Students
|Nancy Prichard Crist, Chair
Policy and Procedure Review Committee
Vice President for Student Affairs
- To allow for effective communication within the Ohio University community while maintaining the appearance of the campus, protecting University property from damage and maintaining an atmosphere conducive to the educational functioning of the institution.
- University departments, registered student organizations, and other individuals are allowed to post printed materials for advertisement and notification purposes on general bulletin boards designated for such postings as may be provided and maintained by the University.
"General" bulletin boards are those on campus that are not for the limited use of a particular department and for which there is no additional policy. Additional "limited" posting locations may be maintained by or for individual University department use. These are not governed by this policy, and are governed by policies developed at the departmental level.
Additional policies related to posting materials for advertisement and notification purposes include but are not limited to:
- Displaying of signs and banners (other than at the Campus Gate) is subject to approval in accordance with Policy 42.100, "Campus Signs."
- Displaying of banners at the Campus Gate is subject to approval in accordance with Policy 24.016, "Use of Campus Gate, etc."
- Posting of materials in Baker University Center is subject to approval in accordance with Policy 24.002, "Baker Center Advertising and Announcements."
- Posting of materials by any organization wishing to solicit employees is subject to approval in accordance with Policy 42.550, "Solicitation."
- Posting of materials in residence halls is subject to the approval of the Department of Residence Life.
Access to space for posting of materials is provided to the degree it is available. No guarantee is made that posting space will be available at any particular point in time nor is any guarantee offered that items posted will not be tampered with by members of the public.
- The posting of materials on general bulletin boards is the responsibility of the unit, organization, or individual desiring to post the material. Further:
- Materials may not be posted at locations that are not explicitly designed for posting. These include but are not limited to walls, doors, lamp posts, utility poles, building exteriors, windows, and walkways.
- If a given posting location has information on it that indicates that the posting location has additional restrictions beyond those described in this policy, individuals desiring to post materials there must abide by the specific policy and procedure for gaining approval at that location.
- Materials for posting must be posted in such a way that they do not obstruct viewing of previously posted materials.
- Materials posted must indicate the name of the unit, organization, or individual providing the material.
- University officials will routinely remove outdated materials and those not complying with the requirements of this policy.
- There are no forms that are specific to this policy.
Dick Piccard revised this file (http://www.ohio.edu/policy/23-050.html) on May 7, 2013.
Please E-mail any comments or suggestions to "firstname.lastname@example.org".